Orthodontic Treatmentiulie 10, 2019
Acupuncture for Slimmingiulie 10, 2019
What Are Porcelain Laminates?
Porcelain laminates are thin veneers ranging from 0.3-0.7mm in thinness that are applied to the front surface of the teeth. These translucent laminates mimic the appearance of natural teeth and are the quickest aesthetic treatment to restore the teeth’s colour and shape.
What Are the Differences Between Porcelain Laminates and Classic Porcelain Crowns?
- Porcelain laminates require less of the original teeth to be removed than classic porcelain crown. Only a minimal amount of the front of the teeth are etched away.
- Porcelain veneers can be fitted to the upper teeth without the need for any etching or cutting of the teeth.
- The length of treatment is very short. They can be fitted in 5-6 days if the teeth don’t require root canal treatment or the gums are healthy.
Who Can Have Porcelain Laminates Fitted?
- Those who don’t like the shape of their teeth.
- Those who have heavily stained teeth (tetracycline, yellow teeth etc.)
- Those who have gaps between their teeth.
- Those who have large, coloured fillings in their front teeth.
- Those with broken, chipped or worn teeth.
- Those who have all their teeth and have not previously had restorations using laminates.
- Those who have healthy gums. Unhealthy gums need to be healed first before porcelain laminates can by fitted.
How Quickly Can Porcelain Laminates Be Fitted?
Porcelain laminates can be fitted in 5-6 days as long as the gums don’t require treatment or the teeth root canal treatment.
What Should I Pay Attention to After My Porcelain Laminates Have Been Fitted?
- Oral hygiene and care for porcelain laminates are the same that are recommended for natural teeth. You should effectively brush your teeth twice a day by massaging the area where your teeth exit the gums in a circular motion while holding your toothbrush at a 45° angle.
- Floss your teeth daily.
- Use a dental toothbrush once a day.
- Avoid nuts with shells.
Can Porcelain Laminates Fall Off or Break? How Long Do They Last For?
Porcelain laminates fitted by dentists don’t fall off. They last for 10-20 years as long they have been well-fitted and are well looked after. Receding gum lines or other illnesses can cause porcelain laminates to last not as long. Should the porcelain laminates suffer minor chipping, they can be repaired with white fillings.
Can Porcelain Laminates Yellow? Does Smoking Negatively Affect Porcelain Laminates?
Porcelain laminates cannot become stained and they won’t yellow as long as tea, coffee and cigarettes aren’t excessively consumed and the patient has good oral hygiene.
WARNING: Everyone is unique. This means that the treatment length, planning and results may be different for yourself. The information you see here are is the resulting average from a large range of samples.